Parents, now that your teen has graduated from high school, are you both ready for college? Here are tips to help ease that transition:
1. Contact the Dean of Students. Learn about the alcohol and drug policies. Will there be any seminars or training for the students?
2. Set limits with your kids. Let your teen know that college is a big investment and that they should make good choices.
3. Keep talking and, more importantly, listening. Be open, honest, but don’t reveal all your college stories.
4. Get ready for fall break. Let your teen know your house rules when they come home for college break.
5. Stick to your guns. Be a parent first, not a friend.
To learn more, click here.