Family Support | Family life provides high levels of love and support.
- Start family traditions and rituals such as family service, game nights, season outings, or family meetings.
- Give kids space and respect their privacy when they need it.
- Give each of your kids a hug today, even if they’re really big kids.
- Spend time each week with each of your teenagers individually.
- Create a small memory book, memory box, photo album, or private website for each of your children.
- If you don’t live in the same city as your child, create a care package that includes a pack of cards, a book of crossword puzzles, word jumbles, or drawing activities, and some colorful pens, pencils, or markers.
The 40 Developmental Assets® may be reproduced for educational, noncommercial uses only. Copyright © 1997 Search Institute®, 615 First Avenue NE, Suite 125, Minneapolis, MN 55413; 800-888-7828; www.search-institute.org. All rights reserved.