Service to Others | Young person serves in the community one hour or more per week.
- Together with your kids, do something for someone else, whether it’s making a financial contribution, baking cookies, or helping someone out.
- Make and send cards to hospitalized children, nursing home residents, or people in the military.
- Organize a community or neighborhood “closet-cleaning day”. Deliver everything you collect to a shelter or thrift store.
- Provide foster care for a pet through an animal shelter or for a friend or neighbor who is out of town or ill.
- Organize or participate together in a fundraiser such as a walk or run. Donate the proceeds to hurricane relief, camp scholarships, or other causes.
The 40 Developmental Assets® may be reproduced for educational, noncommercial uses only. Copyright © 1997 Search Institute®, 615 First Avenue NE, Suite 125, Minneapolis, MN 55413; 800-888-7828; www.search-institute.org. All rights reserved.