Prince Harry says video game Fortnite is ‘irresponsible’ and should be banned

It's nice to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email
Print this page
Print

Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Screenagers’ Filmmaker Delany Ruston, MD 
Tech Talk Tuesday

Last week Prince Harry publicly shared his concern with video gaming and Fortnite in particular. At an event at the YMCA in London, he said that game companies are working “to keep you in front of a computer for as long as possible… and that game [Fortnite] shouldn’t be allowed.”

Once video game companies have our youth’s attention they then try to sell them “virtual goods.” Loot boxes are one of the ways video companies are making their money — $50 billion is the estimated value at this point. Youth feel the intense pull to purchase the virtual things being flashed before them. Currently countries including Singapore, Australia, and Belgium have restricted, or are considering limits, on video game loot boxes — and the U.S. is starting to talk about this topic as well.

#

CNBC Article regarding Prince Harry’s comments.

Posted in News/Announcements.